Friday, March 28, 2008

Some











Water pachinko













Designing Design













White on white






Hurrrah!!! I've finally gotten my much awaited Kenya Hara book, Designing Design!!

A little background on Kenya Hara> Japanese award winning designer who injects simplicity into everything he touches. I fell in love with his works the first time I peeked into this issue of idea-mag. The water pachinko image featured at the very top is one of my faves.

Designing is quite thick & heavy :P feels pretty much like a (design) textbook too, nevertheless I've waited a long time for one of his English translated books to come along & there's no backing down now. It really is a lovely piece, much thought has been carefully put into the book's texture, paper stock, typo & finishing .
The only thing left for me to do is abandon all else & read. (i wish!) :P




Oh & this is for anyone's who's missed it! I absolutely adore ABC3D! This soon-to-be-published book by Marion Bataille's due in October 2008.

No comments: